What’s something you could stop doing that’s not moving you toward YOUR definition of success, and what’s something you like doing that you could replace the old thing with?
Bryan is back and we have a great show for you this week! Be sure to leave us a review on Apple Podcast. Don’t forget that Claire is running a free Indie Author Alignment: 5-Day Foundation course. This week’s Super Charger Story Course Winner is Eve H. Thank you to our featured Patrons – Symphony of the Wind, Trauma-Sensitive Early Education, and
The Strange. Top Tips of the week include why asking yourself hard questions can lead to the best marketing plan, how making writing a habit and not a task changes your outlook, and why to use sweepstakes in your marketing strategy. The 5 News stories that matter most to indies this week include why it is important to know what your goal is, what getting fresh eyes on your manuscript can do for you, should cancel culture be cancelled, why author Patrick Rothfuss is taking some heat, and why you should retain as many rights as possible. Question of the Week: What’s something you could stop doing that’s not moving you toward YOUR definition of success, and what’s something you like doing that you could replace the old thing with?
- Why the best marketing plan is one you’ll actually do
- How to baby step your way to better writing habits
- How to use sweepstakes to sell books
- How to use books as a side hustle
- The difference between critique partners and beta readers
- How to protect yourself from cancel culture
- How some fans are angry at slow writers
- How Brandon Sanderson broke Kickstarter records
Trauma-Sensitive Early Education: Helping Pre-School & Elementary Students Thrive! by Matthew & Sarah Bennet
The Strange by JB Murray