Back by popular demand (with over 130 comments), Jim joined Bryan to discuss the latest book-selling news. Before they got down to business, Bryan announced the pre-order of his latest fiction book and the ongoing Spring Multi-Author Facebook Event pitch (which you can find at bryancohen.com/pitch). The trio of tips included advice on reading more, what digital tools to use, and how to publicize your old content. News included stories on an author’s DMCA battle, Amazon advertising success and failure, ageism by a former MFA teacher, and Kristine Kathryn Rusch’s thoughts on indispensability. This week’s Question of the Week: How will the latest news about Nook affect how you do business with them going forward?
What You’ll Learn:
- How to read more books every year
- What 5 tools Jane Friedman keeps going back to
- Why old content should be a part of your marketing strategy
- How to deal with a DMCA copyright claim
- What some authors are doing to make AMS ads work
- Why authors don’t fit into the boxes of age or income
- How to become indispensable
Question of the Week: How will the latest news about Nook affect how you do business with them going forward?