Jim and Bryan welcomed March to a Bestseller 2 Contest Winner Tara Ross onto the show to chat about Facebook’s 2015 changes that will affect indie authors. Before that, they discussed digital tools like MightyBell, New Year’s resolutions for writers, and launching pieces of meat into space. The temporary trio also talked about being an indie midlister, reasons for quitting self-publishing, how the indie tide is turning, traditional publishers using lower price points, and Facebook’s upcoming monthly fee for promotional posts. The Question of the Week: How will Facebook’s changes impact your promotional strategy?
What You’ll Learn:
- How seven new tools can help you to increase your productivity and creativity
- Why you should get rid of some kinds of comparison for New Year’s
- How one author sent meat to space as part of a promotional video
- Why one author gave up on self-publishing and how she’ll distribute her work in the future
- Several ways in which indies are turning the tide in publishing
- Author Russell Blake’s theory on why indie sales are down
- The ways in which Facebook’s policy changes could impact your social media platform
Question of the Week: How will Facebook’s changes impact your promotional strategy?