In our special Thanksgiving episode, we discussed a trio of tips on choosing your target audience, taking advantage of Cyber Monday, and getting your book featured on WattPad. Bryan also talked about his recent success on Kobo. The news stories for episode 34 included Lindsay Buroker’s new pen name launch, HarperCollins’ new airplane partnership, researching your way to self-publishing success, the hill many authors may have to climb, and Steve Scott’s third quarter earnings. We also expressed our thanks for you wonderful listeners out there. Our two part Question of the Week: Do you think exponential sales growth is over for indie authors? What’s your favorite Thanksgiving food?
What You’ll Learn:
- How Bryan significantly increased his sales on Kobo
- Why you should target one reader instead of a group
- What you can do to take advantage of Cyber Monday
- How to apply to be featured on WattPad
- The details of Lindsay Buroker’s new pen name launch
- Why you might soon be able to download bestselling books on planes
- The way that some authors look at the self-publishing procedure
- Why Mark Coker thinks the golden age of indie publishing is through
- The lessons Steve Scott learned from his latest quarter
- What Bryan and Jim are thankful for this holiday season
Question of the Week: Do you think exponential sales growth is over for indie authors? What’s your favorite Thanksgiving food?