Question of the Week: What is the life you want to lead with your books, and what changes are you going to have to make to achieve it?
What does success look like for you and how will you move toward that vision? Bryan and Jim are recording this week’s episode LIVE at the Sell More Books Show Summit. Thank you to our Patrons. Bryan and Jim thank the 2019 Summit Sponsors: Vellum, PublishDrive, Draft2Digital, Kobo Writing Life, BookFunnel and Reedsy. The Top Tips of the week are why a good team makes your story stronger, how tagging can improve the efficiency of your mailing list management, and why clean data is important when determining how well your book converts. The 5 News stories that matter most to indies this week include how attending conferences helped Cecelia Mecca go from part-time to full-tie writer, why Jami Albright encourages writers to publish at their own pace and move toward goals, why the current Writers Guild of America standoff could open up opportunities for indie authors, Jim how changing the way you think can move you toward success, and Chris Fox explains the importance of ad spend, releases and targeted promotions. Question of the Week: What is the life you want to lead with your books, and what changes are you going to have to make to achieve it?
- Why it’s OK to have a stage where you hate your manuscript
- How tagging can help you to reach the right readers on your mailing list
- How to improve your conversion rate on your books
- How Cecelia Mecca became a full-time author in 7 months (and 20+ years of writing the first book)
- Why Jami Albright thinks that fast isn’t the only option
- What are the current opportunities for authors to find TV and movie deals without an agent
- How to embrace a positive mindset
- What it actually takes to have a solid five-figure income