Question of the Week: Have you ever checked in with your readers to see what genres they enjoy and what they like about your work? Why or why not?
Would you consider running a reader poll on genre preference? Bryan and Jim are looking forward to the Sell More Books Summit! This week’s Happy Book Reviews winner is Matthew Staggs. Bryan thanks our Patrons: Achieve Anything In Just One Year, How to Sex Your Snake, and Excelsior. The Top Tips of the week are how to tackle your first novel, why large print is a market you need to explore, and what tool can help you get a handle on worldbuilding. The 5 News stories that matter most to indies this week include how indie authors could benefit from Amazon’s antitrust-proofing, how Barnes and Noble’s new eInk could breathe life into their bottom line, why the new EU copyright hooplah might be a victory for authors, how you can make 70,000 words per week a reality, and who gets to decide if it’s sci-fi or not so much. Question of the Week: Have you ever checked in with your readers to see what genres they enjoy and what they like about your work? Why or why not?
- How to avoid first time novel mistakes
- Why large-print is where it’s at
- How to build a world and not get lost in it
- That Amazon is getting nervous and making changes
- There’s a new Nook… and they do audio!
- How the EU is protecting you from pirates
- How to write 70k per week and survive!
- Science fiction can’t be serious (just kidding)