Question of the Week: What kind of a lifestyle do you want connected to your author business? What kind of changes would you need to make to your publishing and marketing to make that lifestyle happen?
How does your author business set the tone for your lifestyle? Do you need to make changes to your business plan to achieve the lifestyle of your dreams? Jim and Bryan ask everyone to stay safe during the approaching hurricane on the east coast. This weeks Happy Book Reviews winner is Nadja Baer. Bryan thanks our featured Patrons: The Author’s Guide to Ebook Publishing, More than Monsters, and A Band Director’s Guide to Everything Tuba: A Collection of Interviews with the Experts. Don’t miss this weeks Top Tips including how to avoid the sophomore slump with your second book, why dividing your time between projects will lead to long term success, and when to use reader surveys to foster community. The “Don’t Miss” news stories are why Amazon purchased Tapzo, which strategies can help you hit the $1,000 per month mark, what’s up with AMS ads now, how Amy Linnabary Meyer got to a five-figure month, and what does Jeff Bezos hold for the future. Question of the Week: What kind of a lifestyle do you want connected to your author business? What kind of changes would you need to make to your publishing and marketing to make that lifestyle happen?
- How to keep up the momentum and avoid that sophomore slump
- How to plan for the long term in a writing career
- How one author has cultivated a community with newsletters
- Why Amazon has purchased a new startup
- How Annie Adams hit $1k in sales for three months running
- Why the prices of Amazon Advertising are on the rise
- What one author has done to hit an even higher goal and how she keeps her backlist alive
- What would Jeff Bezos do?
News #5: Tapped for Payment
News #4: Beyond Fun
News #3: That’s One Jolly Brolly (1)
News #3: That’s One Jolly Brolly (2)
News #3: That’s One Jolly Brolly (3)
News #2: A School of Salmon
News #1: What Would Bezos Do