We discussed several internal obstacles to becoming a successful indie author this week, including a lack of focus and a belief in the myth that you need to become an overnight success. Jim also talked about his new book and Bryan shared some results from his Facebook events. Other topics included mailing lists, the image creation tool Canva, the shame people feel when reading certain genres, diversity in publishing and self-publishing numbers in the U.K.
What You’ll Learn:
- The pros and cons of using contests to build your email lists
- How to promote future content to gain email subscribers
- How to use Canva to develop your author platform
- The frequency with which you should email your subscribers
- Why Kindles make it easier to sell certain genres
- How indie publishing is providing new opportunities for minority authors
- Seven habits to avoid to become a successful indie author
- How much the self-publishing industry is growing in the U.K.
- Why the need to sell books quickly is a myth
- Flying Your Email List with Rafflecopter
- Long-Term Subscriber Giveaways
- Creating Visuals for Your Platform
- Are You Ashamed?
- Diversity in Publishing
- Avoiding Bad Author Habits
- Self-Publishing Way Up in U.K.
- Selling Books Slowly