Jim and Bryan topped Babe Ruth and Roger Maris this week by smacking number 62 right out of the park! After Bryan invited listeners to his Ted Head Games contest, the silver sluggers took on tips about profitability, internal defense, and series resurrection. The news included stories on MacGuffin, Nielsen’s ebook statistics, Apple’s possible switch to 85 percent royalties, the $10,000 self-published book design, and attitudes toward younger writers. This Week’s Question of the Week: If you could meet with the author who spent $33,000 self-publishing (Dr. Nancy Saltzman) what would you say and why?
What You’ll Learn:
- How to enter Bryan’s $100-$400 contest
- What questions you should ask to ensure profitability
- How to defeat your inner perfectionist, people pleaser, and procrastinator
- Three ways Lindsay Buroker pumped on sales on an old series
- Why MacGuffin could change how authors write
- The pointlessness of Nielsen statistics
- How Apple might recruit new authors to the iBooks platform
- The way one author racked up a $33,000 self-publishing bill
- Why older authors tend to look down on younger authors
Question of the Week: If you could meet with the author who spent $33,000 self-publishing (Dr. Nancy Saltzman) what would you say and why?