Bryan and Jim hit the big 6-0 this week, which made them feel old. This week, they covered a trio of tips on finding free or discounted local books, writing 5,000 words a day for a month, and perfecting your book’s title. They also touched on news stories about 12 essential book marketing tips, giving away books for free, discrimination against indies, Google Play’s shutdown for new authors, and the pros and cons of going pro. This week’s Question of the Week: Does the traditional publishing industry’s behavior toward indies count as sanctioned discrimination? Why or why not?
What You’ll Learn:
- How to get Amazon books nearby
- The steps Stacy Claflin took to write 150,000 words
- 10 ways to make sure your book title is unique
- The tactics of 12 successfully-marketed authors
- When you should and shouldn’t write free work
- How indies can fight back against discrimination
- Why Google Play is closed for new business
- The pros and cons of being an indie
Question of the Week: Does the traditional publishing industry’s behavior toward indies count as sanctioned discrimination? Why or why not?