In another succinct episode, Bryan and Jim talked tips, news, and the most pressing questions of the publishing industry. They discussed tips related to email lists, self-promotion on social media, and the new Book Report tool. News stories included Amazon’s fake review lawsuit, three recent seven-figure publishing deals for indies, the luck factor of publishing, the reasoning behind Oyster’s new online book store, and the traditionally published author survey. This week’s Question of the Week: If you were already successful in self-publishing, would you take a five-book deal for a million dollars?
What You’ll Learn:
- How to submit to the Writership podcast
- What you should email your mailing list
- Why social media isn’t great for self promotion
- How a new tool could help you see earnings more clearly
- Why nobody cared about HarperCollins Amazon deal
- Who Amazon sued for posting fake product reviews
- The three indies who received big money deals
- What you can and can’t control as an author
- Why Oyster has created a new online bookstore
- What traditionally published authors really think about publishers
Last Week’s Question: If you were already successful in self-publishing, would you take a five-book deal for a million dollars?