To kick off 2015, Jim and Bryan turned in their most condensed show in months! Bryan talked about the launch of his new Bryan Cohen Showen daily YouTube channel, as Jim ramped up toward his big Author Marketing Live virtual event. As they got into the show, the dynamic duo discussed tips on what not to do to sell books, how thinking diverse can build up your income, and what still works in author marketing. The news this week focused on interactive fiction on the Steam platform, Mark Zuckerberg’s new book club, the exciting times indies live in, Chuck Wendig’s 2015 wish list, and whether or not there’s a glut of books on Amazon. This week’s Question of the Week: Do you think there are too many books? How will this purported plethora of books affect your marketing going forward?
What You’ll Learn:
- Why Bryan is giving daily YouTube a try
- What you shouldn’t do to sell 1,000 books a day
- How diversification helped Steven Konkoly weather the 2014 storm
- What marketing tactics continue to work for Lindsay Buroker
- Why some books are being sold as video games
- The way a celebrity made an obscure book a hit
- Why indie authors should be optimistic about 2015
- What Chuck Wendig put on his 2015 wish list
- Why some think the “glut of books” argument is propaganda
Question of the Week: Do you think there are too many books? How will this purported plethora of books affect your marketing going forward?