With big news and tips galore, Jim and Bryan discussed the new VAT laws and recent discontent with Kindle Unlimited. Before they got to it, however, Jim announced the Author Marketing Podcast and Bryan discussed his Thunderclap and free run for Ted Saves the World. Their trio of tips included stories on hustling, cover design, and avoiding distractions. Other news stories revolved around Kindle Scout, Sterling and Stone’s lessons learned in 2014 and Jane Friedman’s view ahead to 2015. This week’s Question of the Week: What have your results been like for Kindle Unlimited? Do you plan to join KDP Select or opt-out of it?
What You’ll Learn:
- What Bryan plans to do with Thunderclap
- Why Jim is branching off into another podcast
- The results of Bryan’s free run with Ted Saves the World
- Why hustling is just as important as your platform
- Tips on the most effective cover and web design
- Tools you can use to avoid distractions
- What one author learned from using Kindle Scout
- Johnny B. Truant’s nine lessons learned from 2014
- What Jane Friedman thinks publishers should focus on next year
- The results of H.M. Ward’s efforts on Kindle Unlimited
- Why VAT rule changes could have a significant impact on your income
- The reasons Jim thinks the new VAT rules will be unenforceable
Question of the Week: What have your results been like for Kindle Unlimited? Do you plan to join KDP Select or opt-out of it?