At what point in an author’s journey do you think he or she should try this new system for creating translations of their books?
When should an author change up how they do translations? Episode 300 is so close! Bryan’s new hint for the new cohost is that she has written over 20 novels. This week’s Happy Books Review Winner is Patrick O’Donnell. Thank you to our featured Patrons: Planet Dead One Shot, How to Sex Your Snake, and Excelsior. The Top Tips of the week include how to improve your cover, what ways you can spruce up your older books, and why you should maybe get a mentor. An honorable mention goes to why you need to make an audiobook. The 5 News stories that matter most to indies this week include why you don’t need to worry about AIs, how to be more successful when publishing wide, how social media may not be the key, why your ads won’t get old, and when you should change your translations. Question of the Week: At what point in an author’s journey do you think he or she should try this new system for creating translations of their books?
- What’s in a good cover
- To find a mentor
- THow to get a little traction when going wide
- That bots are more poets, not novelists
- That audiobooks may or may not be on the verge of eclipsing ebooks
- Why you need to start your mailing list. Yesterday.
- Why Jim thinks Amazon ads won’t get old for readers
- It’s translation time at last
- Listeners can enter this code: SMBS2020
And they will get a $251 discount from the regular $650 Story Shop ticket price, for a ticket total of $399. This deal will be active until December 18, 2019.