Question of the Week: How do you think BookBub’s Chirp will change the audiobook landscape over the next 12 months? Do you have any books currently locked up by ACX’s 7-year contract?
What does the new audiobook world look like for you and your titles? Bryan is excited to report on what is happening in the author community right now! Jim discusses the effects of Mercury in retrograde. This week’s Happy Books Review winner is Crissy Moss. Our Featured Patrons: Shadow Raiders, Strings of Subversion, and Fighting to Survive. The Top Tips this week include how advanced reader feedback can improve your standalones, why a reading plan is just as important as a writing plan, and what can go wrong with ghostwriters. We have an Honorable Mention story is the incredible tale of an author who could win $100,000 to ditch her smartphone. The big five news stories that matter most to indie authors include how the Books-a-Million closure will affect indies, why establishment sci-fi authors are attacking 20Booksto50K, which tools are providing Dean M. Cole with the keywords that jumpstarted his earnings, what steps did Kristen Oliphant take to jump from $100 per month of writing income to a steady five-figures, and how Bookbub’s new discount audiobooks will impact the market. Question of the Week: How do you think BookBub’s Chirp will change the audiobook landscape over the next 12 months? Do you have any books currently locked up by ACX’s 7-year contract?
- How an author marketed his cozy mystery series to success
- Why reading should be part of your author business plan
- How to arrange collaborative writing with other authors
- What lengths one author will go to, to win $100,000
- How a company closed the book on their self-publishing arm with little notice
- Why establishment sci-fi authors attacked 20Booksto50K last week
- Which techniques an author used to jump from making barely $200 per month to a solid four figures using Amazon ads
- How one author skyrocketed her earnings of less than $100 per month to a steady four figures
- How BookBub’s new venture could change the audiobook industry