After a tiny chat about exercising while writing, we discussed awards, titles and prices during a jam-packed show. The tips of the week included focused emails to your subscribers, hunting down the best blogs in your genre and Twitter’s new pinning feature. Our news stories involved Konrath and Eisler vs. the Authors Guild, the importance of awards for indies, Amazon’s new KDP pricing feature, the recent U.K. author earnings study and what you need to do to become the CEO of your own author company. Jim also had some Yoda-like wisdom about how to motivate yourself to work hard on your business. In our Question of the Week we asked: Have you ever applied for an indie author award, and if so, why did you do it?
What You’ll Learn:
- How Bryan found people to read his advance review copies
- What Jim is doing with the audio of Go Direct!
- What you should keep in mind when sending our subscriber emails
- How to find the best blogs in your genre
- One way that Twitter has changed its format
- What would happen if a publishing company broke ranks
- Fifty different sites you can use to apply for indie awards
- What you can do with KDP’s new pricing tool
- How much money traditionally published authors earn in the U.K.
- What you need to do to become your own author CEO
- How Jim suggests you push through the hard work of being an author
Question of the Week:
Have you ever applied for an indie author award, and if so, why did you do it?