We discussed multiple angles of the indie movement on this week’s show, including going direct, crowdfunding and the path toward becoming mainstream. Some themes that came up multiple times were coming up with your own marketing ideas and giving your fans a choice over what you give them. We also discussed iBooks tips, trading for blurbs, turning your blog into a book, the new Reading Rainbow, making the first book in a series free and Digital Book Day. Jim also took you behind the scenes of the Sell More Books Show and presented a question of the week: If you had the option of asking your readers what your next book or series should be about, would you use it? Why or why not?
What You’ll Learn:
- The soft launch numbers for Go Direct
- How to trade blurbs with other authors
- A one-click solution to turning your blog into a book
- How Reading Rainbow will get into 7,500 classrooms in need
- The data behind making the first book in a series free
- How to be involved in new a digital book holiday
- What the city of Richmond, Va. did to get a Foo Fighters concert
- The steps of most indie movements
- How much work Jim does to prepare for the show
Question of the Week:
If you had the option of asking your readers what your next book or series should be about, would you use it? Why or why not?